CTS 6.7 Issue

Hi All,
CTS is not invoking for excel 97-2003 files and giving below error. if the same file opened and saved in my local where I have excel 2013 it is getting rendered to PDF fine.

Media Plugins failed in Transcoding the profile merge_virtualdoc_adtsfailed to transform the file

Answers

• Hi,
    If you copy the same file to the CTS host, does it open fine in excel?
    You can also use the Adlib Job Ticket test to see if i can transform.

Russell Kavanagh
    Documentum SME | Opentext

• @rkavanagh said:
    Hi,
    If you copy the same file to the CTS host, does it open fine in excel?
    You can also use the Adlib Job Ticket test to see if i can transform.

Hi Russell,
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, the file is opening fine on the CTS host.
    Can you let me know the steps or provide Document to create a adlib Job ticket.

• Hi,
    This is an old article but still applicable.
    https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/cs.dll/kcs/kbarticle/view/KB9379494

Russell Kavanagh

• Hi Russell,
    Thanks for your reply and the information provided. I have tried creating the sample Job using the article provided and was able to execute the Job and the Job converted the problematic excel successfully to PDF.

what further steps you suggest to troubleshoot the issue.

• This question is Awaiting an Expert's Response

A customer posted follow-up response to his opening question, which was initially posted about a month ago, and is awaiting an expert's answer. Can you help, or forward to another expert on your team who can help

David Sciuto
    Community Program Manager | Online Support

• Thank you for the update. It may be best to enable debug to see what is being called. Also, the profile is showing an error with merge_virtualdoc_adts. Is this the option you are indeed trying to perform?
    I just want to be sure that it is not an error from a different request.
    To enable debug, you can use this article:
    https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/cs.dll/kcs/kbarticle/view/KB9291398

Russell Kavanagh