Thanks to all who attended today's OpenText Support Community Event: Customer Contributions to Knowledge Program.

A recording of the event and the next steps to start your contributions can be found here:

Customer Contributions to Knowledge Presentation

Let's get started!

When I download a version of a document, can I automatically add the version to the doc name?

I download documents and share them with people outside my team. We need to be able to tell at a glance which version of a document we are using. If the version number was added to the document name when I download it there would be not question which version we were looking at. Is this possible?

Answers

• Which client are you using? I don't think this is possible with Webtop, but maybe there is a configuration for D2. We apply version number as watermark to the document whenever a document is checked in, so changing the document name is not necessary.

• Thank you for responding... We use Internet Explorer with the OpenText Enterprise Tool bar. I think the version is 10.5. We also have OpenText Enterprise Connect but I don't think that's a client (is it?). I am new to using OpenText, so please forgive me if I am not giving you the information you need.

• Hi John, this is Documentum Developer product forum. I'm not familiar with Enterprise Connect to provide any assistance.

• ok...I will look for that forum...I was not sure when I posted this before. Now I've learned something! Thank you.