Dynamic Parameter with Scripted Data Set

I am creating a report with an input parameter based on a data set. I need a combo box to populate based on a query. The datasource is scripted and therefore i am using a scripted data set. I have two data sets, one for the parameter and the one for the report. I assign the data set to the parameter dynamically and set the data set and the field.

The problem is when i run the report the combo box is not getting populated. I know the data set works because if i put it on the report i get results. It is as if the query is not being executed.

What do i need to do to have a combo box populate based on a scripted data set?

Thanks

Comments

• johnwjohnw Senior Member
    edited December 1969
    Sorry just seeing this now. Im a little confused by what you are saying. You have a Dynamic Parameter set as a Combo box using a Scripted Data Source, and its not populating?

John Ward

BIRT Expert

Help us improve the BIRT Product and Community by taking this survey.

• edited December 1969
    Were you able to solve this problem?

I have downloaded the latest version of BIRT (2.6.1) and am facing the same issue. I will check the bugs in BIRT to report this issue. However, if you were able to find a solution for this, it would be nice to hear about it.

Thanks!

I am creating a report with an input parameter based on a data set. I need a combo box to populate based on a query. The datasource is scripted and therefore i am using a scripted data set. I have two data sets, one for the parameter and the one for the report. I assign the data set to the parameter dynamically and set the data set and the field.

The problem is when i run the report the combo box is not getting populated. I know the data set works because if i put it on the report i get results. It is as if the query is not being executed.

What do i need to do to have a combo box populate based on a scripted data set?

Thanks

• edited December 1969

Sorry just seeing this now. Im a little confused by what you are saying. You have a Dynamic Parameter set as a Combo box using a Scripted Data Source, and its not populating?

correct after over a year. I am having this issue again on a new project. Using BIRT in Maximo, scripted datasource/dataset. Create a dynamic parameter based on another dataset or same dataset, on load the combo box is not populating based on the query even though a preview of the dataset produces results.

Thanks
  • edited December 1969
    I think we found a solution. Try adding:

importPackage(Packages.com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.script);
    mxReportScriptContext = MXReportScriptContext.initialize(reportContext);

to the beforeopen method for each dataset you have. After adding this the combo boxes now work properly.
  • Sorry for answering to a two-year-old thread but I face the same problem.

Added

importPackage(Packages.com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.script);
    mxReportScriptContext = MXReportScriptContext.initialize(reportContext);

to each beforeOpen script in my report - doesn't help. By the way: I am not using Maximo but RTC.

Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!