Parameterizing "ticketprint.rptdesign" out of the box report

Hello all,

This particular report is under the SR folder in the OOTB reports.

I've been trying to make a report parameter for this out of the box report that will allow me to view/print the ticket details for individual tickets. As is, this report will display the details for every ticket in the system depending on which application name.

I'd really love to make a new field or make an alteration to type in the ticket number at the start of the report (can keep the appname field) that will only pull the details for that respective ticket. I've been fooling around with parameters for the past few days and haven't had any success.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• wwilliamswwilliams Junior Member
    edited April 2016

Which OTB report exactly?

What are the exact steps you have taken?

Note:

"If reports have parameters, they must be

input on a report’s request page – therefore, they can not be enabled for Browser View, Direct Print or

Direct Print with Attachments."

• ticketprint.rptdesign is a direct print report with a limit of 50 or 200 records depending upon application it is executed from.  To print only 1 record either filter your list view to the required record before running the report or open the record before running the report.  This is how the report is designed to work OOB.  To add a parameter the report must be modified using Eclipse.

• wwilliamswwilliams Junior Member

"If reports have parameters, they must be

input on a report’s request page – therefore, they can not be enabled for Browser View, Direct Print or

Direct Print with Attachments."

Adding parameters will not work with a direct print report which I assumed was your issue. I guess I could say that is how ticketprint.rptdesign is designed to work OTB. If you want to use parameters duplicate the report and register it without direct print.